Sunday, April 22, 2007

Ellie Vision

I'm happy/sad this week. Happy because Ellie is over, which is fantastic. Sad because it means I'm going to have to go through the upset of saying goodbye to her again at the end of the week... I already feel tearful thinking about it.

I saw her Friday, which was amazing, and then again today, bringing her to our neck of the woods and looking after her for most of the day. We went to Woolies to buy toys including a plastic mobile phone (Ellie loves phones). Then to the park to play on the grass and watch a BB6 rematch between Derek and Science. It wasn't actually them but it really could have been; Derek was a posh black gay man with two springers, who was offended by the Staffs belonging to a young chav, resulting in a massive row: 'You're gay', 'You're a hoodlum, you can't even speak English, go back to Brixton or Peckham, we don't like your sort in the park', 'Yeah..and you're gay.' Then we went to Escape in Herne Hill for lunch where Ellie sucked on a sun dried tomato.

She's so so much bigger and completely different to when I last saw her, four months ago. She's also an absolute angel. Of course, I'm biased, but she's so sweet and good natured. She hardly ever cries, is happy anywhere and is completely gorgeous.

Here's a video clip and some pics. There will be more Ellie stuff later in the week.







2 comments:

Liz said...

Aww, Ellie looks a little poppet.

I still have trouble getting your video stuff to play, but I think that might be down to my PC as I have the same problem with the videos on 'It's a Dogs life'. Still, a bit of it did play and sorry, but you did sound more camp on this one!

I like the new blog already and prepared for after Quiche's arrival. I hope that one or other of you will be getting enough sleep to allow you to post to it coherenty during the first weeks.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark -- your daughter is an absolute angel - pretty as a picture. Mum has just bought her in the office to see me and as you say Ellie is very good and very smiley. Hope all is well with you. Love AJ