Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A womb with a view



Sara Sizzle has already told the world on her blog, but... it's a girl! And here she is, enjoying the best days of her life. Quiche has been kicking a lot recently, mixing in the odd karate chop and headbutt. Ah, mummy's girl. I think you can tell from the scan that she's going to be a beauty, can't you? Look at that nose! Those lips!

In other news, I've put my old house on the market. Anyone wanna buy a 3 bedroom semi in the not-posh part of Tunbridge Wells? Yours for £205k. A snip. Buffy and I have decided we want to run away to Cornwall to live in a house by the sea. This might happen... in about 2012. In the meantime, we're stuck in the world's rudest city. I've become increasingly outraged by how f*cking foul people are in London, epsecially on public transport. I bet if you asked a poll of strangers if they would give up their train seat for a 6-months-pregnant woman with a very prominent bump, they'd all say, 'Of course.' But 99% of them would be lying. What actually happens is that after practically shoving Sara onto the tracks in the rush for a seat, the commuters on our line raise their newspapers and try desperately to appear as if they haven't noticed the pregnant belly in front of them. It's shocking. Women are the worst - they never ever offer their seat. Some men do, very occasionally, but usually only after having an internal wrestle with their conscience for five minutes.

It makes my blood boil. I'm going to bring up quiche to have consideration for others. And to kick people who bother her in the balls.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes. Remember the priority seats on the JR in Japan that are decorated with fabric featuring helpful stick figure drawings of: pregnant, elderly, one-legged people etc, and STILL people sit there & don't offer their seats? Mind you, I've offered my seat a few times and the old people always seem a little offended that I think they're infirm or something...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Mark and Sara - we heard the good news during the week from Mum! Us mothers - what are we like for spreading the news!! Love to you both and Sara put your feet up and let Mark pamper you.

Unknown said...

You're selling your Disintegration pciture disc!!?

Good God. The only cure record I sold was my Just like Heaven picture disc to you in exchange for our first acid house party in 1990. I'm still unsure as to whether it was wise!!!