Sunday, July 30, 2006

The write stuff

Woo-hoo! I finished my latest novel today. It's a thriller about viruses called Catch Your Death which I wrote with my friend Louise Voss, an extremely talented novelist. We wrote a book together called Killing Cupid a few years ago, which was optioned by the Beeb. Unfortunately it got stuck in development hell and then we fell out with the producer because they wanted to turn it from a thriller about a stalker into some weird comedy about a single mother. With a different title! CYD is much more commercial, we reckon. Of course, it will probably all go horribly wrong.

Buffy and I had a lovely day yesterday, which you can read about on Sara Sizzle. It was really nice to meet Buffy's friends, one of whom lives in Japan, giving me the chance to talk about a subject that normally sends most people to sleep.

The last ever Top of the Pops is on telly right this second. Like every other pop-picker in his/her thirties, I was weaned on TOTP. I gave up cubs because I didn't want to miss it on Thursday nights. That was in the Adam Ant/Duran Duran/Legs and Co era. I watched it every week for years and years, never missing it. I remember once, at a party when I was in my mid-twenties, proclaiming pompously that when you stopped watching TOTP you were old.

I got old three years ago.

Another sign of being old is that at the gathering yesterday, everyone was going on about MySpace. I just don't get MySpace. I mean, I understand what it's all about, but it just doesn't do anything for me. And I'm not exactly web-phobic. I've been blogging for 4 years. I'm a web development/online marketing manager. I know exactly why Web 2.0 is so great. I just don't like MySpace!

Now, where did I put my slippers?

5 comments:

sarasizzle said...

I'm very much looking forward to reading CYD. Best of luck to you and Louise for getting iy published.

I need to start my new novel don't I? It's just so difficult to find the time when there's photos to be taken and blog posts to be composed. Now... where's my Take a Break Magazine ;)

Love you. The old ones are the best

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sarasizzle said...

P.S. I'm going to buy you some comedy slippers because I know you love them. Would you prefer chickens or eggs? x

Unknown said...

what came first? The chicken or the egg? You could always buy one slipper that was an egg and one slipper that was a chicken. Okay, I'm bored.

..... said...

Hey you aren't the only one who's not too interested in My Space... If we have to join it to read people's posts, it's not worth the time. Blogger, however, we really enjoy. Like your blog, and we'll drop in again to see what you're up to.

Unknown said...

You should blog more and try and keep up with your missus! Quite entertaining. Looks like you have your hands full. Can't wait to meet her. When you traveling state side cuz?